2019年度的雅思口语考试基本遵循了季度换题的规律，周期性较之去年没有变化，每1年的1月、5月以及9月是考试换题季，因此在这3个月份的第1场，甚至到第3场都有更新，幅度通常为：「剔除30-50% 左右的旧题目，同时增加 30%-50% 的新题目，更换的内容大约是一半。」更换的概念是：本季度的题目和上一季度的不同即为新题。
Part 1 是考试的预热部分，要求考生能对简单的日常问题进行快速地回答并作适当拓展。以下是「2019年1-8月新题」的列表：
Part 1 Haircut
What' s your favorite hairstyle?
How often do you have your hair cut?
How much do you usually spend on your haircut?
Do you often change your haircut?
Part 1 Films/Movies
1. Do you often watch films/movies?
2. Did you often watch films/movies when you were a kid?
3. Are there any differences between the films/movies you watched now and the ones
you watched when you were a child?
4. Do you prefer watching films/movies alone or with friends?
5. What kind of movies do you like?
6. Do you prefer to watch movies at home or in a cinema?
Part 1 Friend
1. How long do you know with your best friend?
2. What would you like to do when you are with your best friend together?
3. What’s the difference between ordinary friends and the best friend you have?
4. Do you prefer to have several good friends or many regular friends?
Part 1 Tiredness
What things make you tired?
What do you do when you feel tired?
Who do you prefer to talk to when you feeltired, your friends or family members?
Do you want to talk to strangers when you feel mentally tired?
Part 1 Forest
When was the last time you went to a forest?
Do you like going to a forest if you are free?
Part 1 Jeans
Do you wear jeans?
How often do you wear jeans?
Do you like to wear jeans?
Why do you think jeans are popular in China?
Part 2 小时候的学校
Describe a school you went to in your childhood
You should say;
·Where it wasWhat it was like
·What you learned there
·And how you felt about it
·What' s the difference between the present and the past teachers?
·What' s the difference between being taught by teachers and being taught by Al?
Part 2 有趣的谈话
Describe an interesting conversation you had with a stranger
You should say;
Who this person was
What the conversation was about
Why you had this conversation
And how you felt about it
·What's the difference between face-to-face conversation and phone conversation?
·Which one do you prefer? Face-to-face conversation or phone conversation?
Are there any disadvantages of face-to-face conversation?