Children need to learn to cooperate and get along with others when they grow up. Please give examples of how adults can help them acquire those skills.
Should government limit violence and bad language on television?
Describe an event in your country in which people bring others gifts. What gift do people bring and why?
Some children do not want to learn to play a musical instrument because it takes a lot of practice. What should parents do? To force them to learn an instrument or to allow their children to pick which instrument they want to learn?
Describe a time when you accidently hurt a friend.
If you have some extra money, which would prefer to spend on? Objects such as clothes and electronics, or experiences, such as vacations and concerts?
If a mayor is to selected from the following candidates, who all have no political experience but are successful in their own field, which one do you think is the best candidate for mayor?
1. A university professor
2. A businessman
3. A doctor
Do you think it’s necessary for children’s growth to live far away from home and stay with relatives or friends for short periods of time?
Your city plans to build a new museum to attract more visitors, what kind of museum do you think the city should build? Local museum, modern art and film museum, or science museum for children?
Some people prefer to resolve problems with friends directly face to face or on the phone; some others prefer to resolve problems by writing, sending E-mails or text message. What is your opinion?
1. Which kind of pet would you like to keep? Describe with details and examples.
2. One of your friends is usually exhausted for his work. What suggestions will you give to him if he wants to cultivate some personal interests?
3. Which would you recommend to build for a university to enhance its students' living and studying condition?
1. Cafeteria 2.Swimming pool 3. Expand the scale of laboratories on campus.
4. If you are a teacher of a tutor group and you are going to take students to a study trip, where would you take them to?
1.A science museum, 2.A local farm, 3. A theatre performance?
5. What do you think is the most important thing that parents should teach their children? Please include details in your response.
6. Do you think it’s a good idea for university to ask a student to leave school if he was caught cheating in exams? Explain your response in details.
7. Which of the following is the best way to learn about a city: to join an organized trip; to visit the museums; to take walks in the streets of its cities.
8. Describe how you will become different in 5 years?
9. A friend will come to your city for her college, but she worries the expenses would be huge, what would you recommend her to develop a reasonable consuming habit to eliminate her worries?
10. What is the one thing that makes your country different from other countries?
11. Which of the following choice do you think has the greatest impact on environmental protection: governmental regulations, environmental awareness groups, individual efforts.
12. In every culture there are some customs or traditions from the past those young people no longer follow. Describe a custom or tradition from the past that is no longer common but that you wish still popular today. Give specific reasons why you wish that still popular.
13. Which of the following period do you consider is the most difficult one:
1.childhood, 2.teen period, 3. adulthood.
14. Your degree requires that you should choose a history course. Which of the following courses would you prefer?
1.Art history; 2.Twentieth-century world history; 3.Science history. Choose ONE of the three courses. Use specific details and examples to explain why.
15. Teaching is a challenging profession. Even the best teacher can make mistakes. What are the common mistakes a teacher can make?
16. There are many events at school which are negative when confronted initially, while which are getting positive after we experienced. Please give an example of events that are negative at first and positive later for you.
17. Which of the following three would you choose to do in summer vacation? Working as a librarian, painter in an art center, or life guard in the natatorium?
18. There are many disagreements between friends. Which is one of the effective ways to solve the disagreements. Use your examples and details to explain.
19. If university plans to add a new course that is not being offered to students, which of the following courses, in your opinion, would attract most students?
1. Sound engineering and recording 2. History of rock music 3. Film studies
20. If you are going to choose a roommate, which of the following quality is more important to you.
1. Cleanness 2.Friendliness 3.Quietness
21. If there is a chance to go to the space, how do you think of it?
22. Which of the following three behaviors would you consider the most negative for kids?
1.Being selfish; 2.Saying impolite things 3.Speaking loudly in public
23. Which of the following three activities do you prefer to do with a group of people rather than alone?
1. Eat a meal 2. Listen to music 3. Do homework.
24. If your friends’ family member were sick, what would you do to comfort him?
25. Which one do you think is the most productive way to do a history project
1.Shootingvideos 2.Interviewing the elders 3. Writing thesis
26. Describe something that you are doing now but did not expect to do ten years ago.
27. There will be three kinds of physical educational courses in your school. All students are required to take one of them. Which one do you prefer: soccer, dance, or cycling?
28. When it comes to reading current news, which of the following would you prefer? Politics, sports or art and films
29. The university decides to remodel the dormitory and add a new space to it. Which space do you recommend to add in your dormitory?
1. Café; 2. Study room 3. Game room
30. There is going to have students’ TV show. Which show would you like to watch?
1. Interview school leaders 2. Students’ debates on political and social topics. 3. Comedy about school life
31. Describe a behavior that many people may do in public that you find inconsiderate.
32. Which one would you like to choose for your final project：presentation, paper, video
33. Your degree requires you to take one course, which one would you choose?
1. Energy and environment 2.Health and nutrition 3. Solar system
34. If you are going to have an interview with a famous person in your community, which of the following people will you choose?
1.A successful businessman 2.A famous professor 3.An artist
35. Which of the following people can give most useful help in your future career direction:
1.Teachers 2.Families 3.Friends; Chooses one and explain why.
36. Among the following jobs, which do you think is the most exciting one, and why?
1. Airplane pilot; 2. Actor 3.detective
37. University students encounter many difficult challenges in their studies. Which challenge do you think is the most difficult one and how do you deal with it?
38. Your university has acquired a piece of land next to the campus. There have been three options for the use of the land. Which do you prefer? Why?
1. The athletic facilities and stadiums 2. A park with nature trails 3. Centers for students and hotel for campus guests
39. If university is given financial support to develop researches, which one do you think would receive more benefits:
1. to predict whether more accurately; 2. to clean rivers and ocean; 3. to deal with out space?
40. The government is planning to invest in one of the three areas. Which do you think is the most worthwhile? Land exploration, education, or health care?
41. Which one of the following three characteristics do you think is the most important for someone who wants to start a business?
1. outgoing and friendly; 2. Creative; 3. Well-organized
42. Which of the following photography club activities do you prefer?
1.attend an exhibition in a photography museum;2.attend a professional photographer’s lecture;3. go on a road trip and practice taking pictures of nature scenery
43. Your friend often forgets other people's names and forgets to register for classes. What do you suggest your friend do?
44. Children need to learn to cooperate and get along with others when they grow up. Please give examples of how adults can help them acquire those skills.
45. Which one do you think the following occupation can be the mayor?
1. Doctor; 2. Banker; 3. University professor;
46. After accomplishing some tasks, what would you do to reward yourself?
47. Talk about a popular actor, musician, or artist whose work you do not admire. Explain with details.
48. Talk about a book you have read that was useful to you. Explain with details.
49. Describe a job that you wanted when you were a child but will not chose now.
50. What kind of working condition is important to you:
1. flexible work time; 2. friendly co-workers; 3.a supportive boss.
51. If your friend wants to make a purchase but does not have enough money for it. What would you advise him to do?
52. Which challenge do you think is the most difficult for university students: being far away from families, finding time to relax, making new friends?
53. Talk about an activity you enjoyed doing recently.
54. Among the following three professions, which do you respect the most: photographers, musicians, painters? Explain why.
55. Talk about one thing in your school that needs to be improved. Include examples and details in your answer.
56. Talk about a news or social event that happened in your country lately.
57. Do you think the government should discourage the use of cars or other vehicles to reduce traffic problem.
58. The university dining hall is changing its food service to include more healthy food with lower calories. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of this change?
59. Talk about the disadvantages of online shopping.
60. What personal quality do you admire most: creativity, courage or intelligence?
61. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of having laptop computers in the classroom?
62. Do you think college students should be allowed to keep pets in their dormitory?
63. Talk about two schools which you attended and their differences.
64. Talk about the best aspect of the education system in your country.
65. Among the following three types of work, which would you enjoy doing the most: helping children with communication problems, doing community work, growing plants in the garden?
66. If you are given an assignment, what would you do to make sure it is finished on schedule?
67. Talk about one thing the government can do to improve the educational system in your country. Give details and examples in your answer.
68. If the school received some funding, what do you wish it will be spent on? A sports gym, a laboratory or a scientific research facility?
69. What suggestions would you give to a friend who is starting a new job. Give examples and details in your response.
70. Talk about an interesting school activity that you participated in recently. Give details and examples in your response.
71. Which of the following hospital volunteer works would you be interested in doing? Take care of patient's family, talk to patients, or read to patients?
72. Which of the following activities would you rather be doing on weekends, watching TV, spending time with families, or working out in the gym?
73. If you have a chance to learn something new, which of the following would you choose to learn: flying an airplane, playing a sport or playing a musical instrument?
74. Nowadays many people move to cities to work and study. What advantages does moving to cities bring to people?
75. Which of the following is the most effective way of learning: studying from textbooks, having a discussion with a group or reading articles written by others.
76. If you can have a part-time job at the university, what position would you choose? A lab assistant, a campus tour guide or a library assistant?
77. Which of the following activities would you do with friends rather than alone, taking a walk, watching a movie, or traveling?
78. Talk about what you like to do during spare time.
79. Your friend has a bad eating habit. What suggestions would you like to give the friend?
80. Which of the following jobs would you like to do? Actor/actress, computer programmer, or business owner.
1. Your university plans to allow students to eat and drink in classes. Do you think it is a good idea? What is your opinion on the following statement: students should be allowed to take snacks and beverage into classrooms?
2. Do you prefer to purchase a new electronic device right after it is available in store or wait for a while? Please include specific details in your explanation.
3. Do you prefer outdoor activities or indoor activities? Please include specific details in your explanation.
4. Whether or not a school is successful solely depends on how many textbooks the school has. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Please include specific details in your explanations.
5. Some students prefer to study for only one long time during a week. Other students prefer to study for several short times during a week. Which do you prefer and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
6. Do you prefer to be friends with those who share the same opinion as you do or the people who hold different opinions? Please include specific details in your explanation.
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: current celebrities (like musicians, actor/actress, and athlete) set a good example as role model the young people.
8. Do you like to make a plan with friends about social activities in advance or plan it when you attend it?
9. Some people believe that it is the innate talents make a person an artist. While others think that it is the efforts a person put in that make the person an artist. Which do you prefer and why?
10.Agree or disagree that schools who encourage the development of students’ creativity and imagination are likely to have more successful students? Use specific examples and details to explain your idea.
11. It is important to maintain relationship with family members than with friends? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
12. Which one of the two patterns would help people to know each other better, meeting at the first sight or through long-term relationship?
13. Some people prefer to spend lots of money on vacation. Some people would spend little money on vacation. Which do you prefer and why?
14. Some college students like to join clubs and enjoy club activities, others like to spend their time studying other courses or doing schoolwork. Which one do you think is better and why?
15. Some people like surprise visits from their friends, others prefer to be informed ahead of the visit. Which one do you prefer?
16. Agree or disagree: the boss should strictly supervise their employees.
17. Your professor requires you to help with a school research. You also have to get back to hometown to attend you sister’s birthday party, what will you do?
18. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Older doctors are more knowledgeable than young doctors? Use specific details and examples to explain why.
19. How do you think of being absorbed in their cell phone would be impolite when you are at a party?
20. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: it is easier to teach students in primary school than it is to teach students in university?
21. Nowadays, people use extreme method, like surgery to change their appearance; they do this because they are trying to become more attractive. Do you think this is a good idea?
22. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students learn more when teachers assign a lot of homework. Use specific details and examples to explain why.
23. Which would you prefer: start a project as early as possible or wait until the deadline?
24. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: spending time with family is more important than working or studying.
25. Some people think that they can learn more in the early morning; others think they will learn more in the afternoon classes. What do you think?
26. Some are willing to own and manage their own company, and some prefer to work in others’ company. Which do you prefer and why?
27. Some people prefer to buy new books while some people would like to buy used books, what is your opinion?
28. How do you think about the statement that robots can replace human beings to finish a lot of tasks? Use specific reasons and details to support your idea.
29. It is important for a child to spend a short period of time living far away from home, visiting relatives and friends.
30. Some people think playing sports might make children more aggressive. What is your opinion?
31. Do you agree or disagree that to succeed we need to make enemies?
32. Do you agree or disagree that it is important for young people to learn some domestic skills like cooking, sewing and taking care of children?
33. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that senior students should take a gap year before entering college?
34. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the popularity of the technology that focuses on entertainment, people read fewer books than before.
35. Some people believe that class discussions should be part of the grade. Others believe that only written assignments and exams should be part of the grade. Which one do you agree and why?
36. Preference: Do you prefer to rent a house that is very close to your school but will cost more or a house that is far from your school but costs less?
37. Some say scientists should choose research areas based on their own interest, while others hold that scientists should do research that concerns the public the most. Which one do you agree with?
38. To communicate with others, do you prefer to send text messages or making calls?
39. Two offers. One is from a well-known and expensive university that is famous for its academic reputation. And the other is from a less known university which offers a scholarship to cover your tuition, which one would you choose?
40. All people should be required to stop working and retire by age 65. Do you agree or disagree?
41. Many people think that students study course materials more effectively by taking exams, while others think that students learn more effectively through doing other activities such as writing paper or completing projects, which do you think is more effective for students to learn?
42. You have been very busy and unable to prepare for the exam tomorrow. You can either stay up late to study and sleep less or just study less and get full night’s sleep. Which will you choose?
43. Do you agree or disagree with this statement that we should help our friends only when they ask for help.
44. Some people prefer to give their opinions immediately. Others prefer to wait and listen to others’ opinion before giving their own. Which one do you think is better?
45. Which one do you agree? Children born with talent should be treated in a different way or they should be treated in the same way as average children.
46. Some people believe old people should not take risk and participate in adventurous events as the young people. Do you agree? Why?
47. Some people believe that we should not include in the news the private life of popular people, like movie stars and singers. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
48. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that female and male university students should have separate residence halls.
49. Some students enjoy decorating their surroundings; others choose to keep their surroundings simple and free of any decorations. Which do you prefer and why?
50. Some people think that, with the development of technology and the Internet, libraries will disappear, while others think libraries are always necessary. Which one do you agree? Give specific details to support your opinion.
51. Do you prefer roommates from the same cultural background or different background?
52. Some people believe technology has brought people closer and others believe that technology actually isolate people. Which one do you agree with? Explain why.
53. Do you prefer listening to music or doing nothing when you go from a place to another?
54. Do you think it is easier to be a child than an adult?
55. Do you agree or disagree that it's acceptable for students to disagree with their instructors?
56. When you take a trip, do you prefer to just take a look around, or do you prefer to take pictures and keep a journal on the trip?
57. Some people prefer to eat at fast food restaurants; others prefer to eat at other restaurants. Which do you prefer?
58. Do you think it’s easier to be a teacher or a student?
59. Do you agree or disagree: children should do housework when they’re old enough.
60. Some people prefer to do take a vacation in cities; others prefer to spend their vocation in countryside. Which do you prefer? Explain why.
61. Some people prefer to live in the present; others prefer to be prepared for the future and plan ahead. Which do you prefer? Explain why.
62. Do you agree or disagree: the wealthy should do more to help the poor. Explain your answer in details.
63. Some people enjoy doing indoor activities. Others prefer outdoors. Which do you prefer and why.
64. Do you agree or disagree: playing video games is a waste of time.
65. Do you agree or disagree: it’s easier to teach primary school students than to teach university students.
66. Some people prefer to take courses that are related to their future career; others prefer to take a variety of course. Which do you prefer and why?
67. Some students like to take notes in class; others prefer to mainly listen to the teacher. Which do you prefer and why?
68. Do you agree or disagree: University students should take part-time jobs.
69. When studying aboard, some students prefer to live by themselves or with their friends; others prefer to live with a local family. Which do you think is better?
70. Do you agree or disagree: watching sports program on TV is not a good use of time.
71. When having some extra money, some people prefer to save it; others prefer to spend it. Which one do you prefer?
72. Some teachers like to give assignments in person; others prefer to give class assignments by email. Which do you prefer and why?
73. Some people prefer to finish reading a book in one setting; others prefer to read a few pages each time. Which do you prefer? Explain your answer in details.
74. Some people prefer to watch news every day; others prefer to watch news once in a while. Which do you prefer and why?
75. Some people prefer to live in one city their entire life; others prefer to move around. Which do you prefer?
76. Some people prefer to study in classrooms; others prefer to visit the zoo and museum to study. Which do you prefer and why?
77. Some people prefer to buy high-tech products as soon as they are introduced to the market; others wait for some time to get them. Which do you prefer?
78. Do you agree or disagree: cellphones are necessary for someone to run a successful business.
79. Do you agree or disagree: watching sports program on TV is not a good use of time.
80. Some people prefer to do indoor activities; others prefer to do outdoor activities. Which do you prefer and why?