Which of the following backgrounds do you think a potential government leader should have?
l military background
l business background
l legal background
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Parents should not check their children’s grades without permission.
Some people like to eat fast food at fast food restaurants and street carts. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is good for children to grow up with a pet.
Ø Task 1
1. Nowadays, teachers tend to give students group assignment but not individual assignment. Discuss an advantage and a disadvantage of this tendency.
2. What do you think is the biggest challenge that people are not able to save money? How to solve the problem?
3. What do you think can improve your local community and make it a better place to live?
4. Talk about an experience that was negative when we confronted initially, and turned out positive after we experienced.
5. Your school is considering adding one section to its newspaper, which one of the following would you recommend? Local restaurant review；Tips and advice for travelling；Film review
6. Your foreign friend is considering coming to your country to visit, but he/she doesn’t know how to plan the trip. What suggestions do you give him/her?
7. Here are three benefits of smart phones to students, which do you think is better to students. Taking photos；Listening to music；Recording courses
8. Describe an unexpected change that you can’t imagine ten years ago.
9. One advantage and disadvantage of universities located in small town or rural areas.
10. Some schools let students take their exam papers back home and finish them at home. Talk about the advantages and disadvantages of this examination.
11. Suppose your friend has worked for over 10 years and he is planning to study in university now. What kinds of challenge do he may face and how to solve that?
12. You are required to be a volunteer in a school beatification day, which of the following would you like to choose. Planting in campus flowers garden；Picking up garbage and collect the recyclable material；Paint natural and outside arts. Give specific reasons to support your answer.
13. Which of the following characteristics do you think would be the most important for a person who is going to start a new small business? Being outgoing and friendly; being creative and imaginative; being well organized
14. Talk about at least 1 advantage/ disadvantage about not being active on social website and social media.
15. Your friend is going to join in one summer school, then he can get the chance to graduate one year earlier than his classmates. Can you talk about one advantage and one disadvantage of this choice?
16. The university decides to publish the newspaper online instead of publishing it in printed paper. What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
17. A friend of yours is planning to join an exchange program to study abroad; however, he will graduate one year late. What do you think about this plan?
18. The university would like to shorten the summer break and break it down into several shorter breaks throughout the year. Do you agree or disagree?
19. In which area do you think the government should spend money in: health care, educational system or space exploration?
20. What do you think is the most common mistakes that parents make in the process of raising kids?
21. Parents give children money when they get good grade in school, what are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
22. Talk about a challenge you were afraid at first, and how you overcome it？
23. What are the advantages and disadvantages of requiring university students to take extra courses, like time management?
24.The university wants to provide student more entertainments and three choices provided below, which do you prefer and why.
l A theater performance by the student actors
l A concert provided by professional musician
l A lecture from a professor
25. Which of the following do you think have the greatest influence on you?
26. If a children museum is going to have an exhibition. Which of the following theme will be the most attractive to children?
l robot technology;
l deep sea marine;
l solar system.
27.Which of following aspects do you think contributes most to country's success?
l many business opportunities
l well rounded medical care system
l developed educational system
28. Out of teachers, parents, and friends, who do you think have the biggest impact on you in terms of helping you to tell right from wrong?
29. Which of the following one do you think is the best way to motivate employees in the company to do better? extra money as a reward；organize a kind of contest to select who is the best one；to praise staff on the website
30If universities are given financial support to develop researches, which one do you think would receive more benefits?
A. To predict weather more accurately.
B. To clean rivers and ocean.
C. To deal with outer space.
31. When recruiting new employee, what is the most important quality?
a. being excellent in the interview
b. rich experience
c. educational level
32. You friend misses a lot of classes at school, so he asks you to help him review the final exam, but you are very busy with study, what will you do?
33. Your professor is going to cancel the night class, but there is an upcoming test tomorrow. What would you do tonight, hanging out with your friends or preparing for the test?
34. You friend wants to learn how to cook, what suggestions do you want to give him or her?
35. The school newspaper is going to add a section in order to attract more students, which one do you think is good?
a. film recommendation
b. tips and advice about student travel
c. restaurant review
36. Describe the advantage and disadvantage of family business.
37. One of your good friends is going to celebrate his birthday. As his good friend, how would you celebrate your friend’s birthday?
38. The community in your school is going to start new courses at weekend for students to study, which of the following courses would you like to choose? courses on how to deliver a speech；courses on improving your photography；courses on business skills.
38. In what way will you help one of your friends celebrate her winning the award or some other things worth celebrating?
39. If one of your friends complains that he couldn’t fall asleep before an important event, what advice would you like to offer to help him relax and go to sleep?
40. Talking about the disadvantages of move to a new place to live.
41. Your friend has a bicycle, but now he wants to change it into a car, so he is going to take a part time job to earn money to buy the car, what's your advice?
42. Which of the following do you think could be the best way to help freshman to get familiar with campus life: find a sophomore as partner, organize an orientation program or set up a help center?
43. You are a university student who studies far away from hometown, so when you need to rent an apartment to live in, which of following quality do you care about the most? a friendly roommate; enough space of storage; near supermarkets or restaurants
44. If there is a chance for you and your friend to open a company, which kind of company or industry would you like to choose and why? Give specific explanations in your response.
45. Recently the government encouraged citizens to use recyclable bags and started to charge plastic bags in the shop. Please discuss advantage and disadvantage of this requirement.
46. There are some school fund raising events as follow, which one would you like to attend? Training in sport teams; Work behind a popular TV show; Working for national government office. Please include details and examples in your response.
47. There is going to have students’ TV show. Which show would you like to watch. Please give your reasons. Interview school leaders；Students’ debate on political and social topics；Comedy about school life
48. There are several ways you can get to know a country without travelling abroad. Which of the following ways would you like to choose?
49. If there is a foreign teacher come to your country to teach high school student, what suggestion you will give him for preparation?
50. Children need to learn to cooperate and get along with others when they grow up. Please give examples of how adults can help them acquire those skills.
Ø Task 2
1. What do you think of home teaching? Home teaching is a teaching method that hires a private teacher and teaches students at home.
2. Should government limit violence and bad language on television?
3. Some people prefer to keep in touch with their friends and families when traveling, while others prefer to avoid contact with them, which one do you prefer and why?
4. When you disagree with your friends and family on some controversial issues, you would choose to convince them or just keep the disagreements.
5. Some people like to make decision based on their own experience while other people prefer to ask others for help such as family and friends. Which do you prefer and why?
6. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: Students should not be allowed to record lectures in class?
7. Do you agree or disagree that we should only engage in activities that we are good at?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement that schools should help develop students’ moral values like integrity and others.
9. A big corporation is planning to invest in a factory in your hometown. This factory will create many job opportunities for people, but also bring a lot of pollution at the same time. Do you agree or disagree?
10. Some parents think they should prevent their children from making mistakes. Some think they should let them make mistake. Which one do you think is better?
11. Do you agree or disagree that children should listen or watch the news.
12. Do you agree or disagree that children should approach computer and other electronic devices as early as possible?
13. Some people like to speak immediately when they have group discussion while others prefer to wait and listen to others’ opinion before giving their own. Which one do you think is better and why?
14. Participating in team sports is a good way for young person to learn team cooperation, do you agree or disagree?
15. Do you agree or disagree that important business meetings should be held in person rather than use technology such as video conference call. Give specific reasons to support your answer.
16. Do you agree or disagree that it is not good for children to know too soon about life’s difficulties. Give specific reasons to support your answer.
17. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is acceptable that someone use other’s influence to get a job.
18. Your university is going to allow citizens from the society to audit classes with undergraduates together without receiving grades or earning credits. Do you think this is a good program and why?
19. Some professors prefer to answer students’ questions in the end of the class, and others stop at different points to answer students questions. Which do you think is better for learning?
20. Some people think with the development of technology and Internet, libraries will disappear, while others think libraries are always necessary. Which one do you agree? Please give specific details to support your opinion.
21. Which do you prefer: finding directions through maps on your smart phone or asking the local people for help when traveling?
22. Should parents discourage children from choosing some majors which might be very competitive to find a job in the future？
23. Should parents force their children to learn musical instruments?
24. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that people are never too old to get college diploma?
25. Do you think the library should be a place for students to read books quietly or have discussion with others?
26. Do you prefer to work in the company regularly or work at home flexibly?
27. Some people prefer to make friends with people who share similar ages while other people prefer to make friends with people from different age groups. Which one do you agree? Why?
28. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that people should keep in touch with their family when they are traveling?
29. Some people like to have their living rooms or bedrooms decorated by photos or paintings, while some people like to keep their walls in those rooms clean and tidy, with no ornamentation. Which way do you think is better?
30. Hiking club or speech club, which club do you think the university can cancel?
31. Do you agree or disagree that students should be encouraged to use calculators in classes and exams?
32. When handling with difficult situations in life, do you think it's better to use humorous attitude or serious attitude?
33. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that organized team sports will help children become more social-developed?
34. Nowadays, many students have their own computer, so the university is planning to close the computer center, do you think it is a good idea?
35. Some parents prefer to help their kids to solve the problems and troubles they meet, while some parents prefer to let their children deal with difficulties by themselves, which one do you think is more reasonable and why?
36. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students should be allowed to use the personal computer in a math class and during an exam.
37. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Employees shouldn’t send personal text or emails during work hours. Explain why.
38. When giving feedbacks to students, some teachers would like to talk to their students in person, while some teachers would give written comments to students. Which do you prefer and why?
39. Your university is going to allow citizens from the society to audit classes with undergraduates together without receiving grades or earning credits. Do you think this is a good program and why?
40. You are going to have an interview, but the location is far from your place. Which do you prefer, travel the long distance to have the interview face-to-face or have the interview on the phone?
41. The community wants to help the senior people feel more comfortable with computers. Which one do you think is better? Giving lectures to them together or recruit students to tutor the elderly individually?
42. Some teachers think competition will motivate students, while some teachers argue competition will exert adverse influence on children. Which one do you agree and why?
43. Some people believe it is ok to take pictures of the paintings in the museums and galleries while others thought this is inappropriate to do so. Which opinion do you agree with? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
44. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Being polite is more important than being truthful? Explain why.
45. Some people prefer to stay in touch with their friends and family members while traveling. Others prefer not to get in touch and stay alone. Which do you prefer and why?
46. Agree or disagree? It's harder for people to save money these days.
47. Friends may disagree with each other, and still maintain friendship. Do you agree with or disagree with this idea, why?
48. You live in a crowded city with only one green space-the city park. The government recently proposes to build a housing complex on this only green space. Do you think this is a good idea?
49. Which one do you agree? Children born with talent should be treated in a different way or they should be treated in the same way as average children.
50. Some people like participating performance like theatrical or musical show. Others prefer being audiences watching those plays. Which one do you prefer?
↓ 赶快点击下方免费下载“2019年3月托福口语机经预测”至本地 ↓